Saturday, October 25, 2008

Are You Thankful?

I was reading in Acts last night. Paul had one incredible life. You know, someone should write a book about it. Oh yeah... Any way, I read story after story about how Paul constantly faced opposition and threats for sharing the Good News of Christ. That got me thinking about how "thankful" we should be. When was the last time you were threatened with imprisonment for merely uttering Jesus' name? When was the last time you were ridiculed or beaten for sharing your faith? It kind of makes me wonder how intentional I would be if I had to risk being beaten or jailed for sharing my faith. It also makes me wonder why I am not as intentional as I should be.....something to think about.

Listening to K-Love, there is a song that I have really come to like. It's "Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath. The message is how God sees us differently than we see each other. We are way too quick to find someones faults and failures. God sees us through eyes of love and compassion.

Here is the chorus to the song:

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me you heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see

This song makes me wonder about all the things I miss in the course of a day. How many hurting/broken people do I pass right by and never know it?

Until next time......

No comments: